Monday, March 29, 2004

Coming back into town tomorrow

Dear Nelson,

I've been on vacation for a week and a half, and really been enjoying myself. Today, I'm coming home from vacation, and back to all of the issues and problems of which you are a part. It's really hit me lately that the end of our marriage was something I was against, even as late as the day before you went crazy...

But I was tired of holding things together for you... it certainly wasn't for me, as I had been miserable for years, and told anyone who would listen to me. I refuse to feel guilty for getting on with a life that had been suspended by taking care of you, catering to your non-motivation, laziness, what-have-you. You formed and shaped and controlled me by not taking care of your health or hygene (plus, that was kinda gross).

Nel, I really did love you, and I really did try. The fact that you are so hostile and passive aggressive when you say that you still want me... that's just a ruse. You don't want me -- you want a wife. No, not every moment we had was unbearable, but the way you kept me was the hope of good times. You went too far and I was tired, in the end, of covering for you. I'm glad I'm done playing your game. Even though I wish I wasn't so depressed by my failure as a wife.

Josie