Okay, Nel, something made me so angry this morning, I couldn't see straight for a minute. There's a lot of bad feelings surrounding the Holidays... Easter included. Last year I listened to your damn mother accuse Christians of "making up" something to believe in. Also, her passive agression was only equalled by your own.
Last year, I kept running around the mountain. I was trying to get away from you freaks! Why that far, you ask? Why 3 miles at a clip? Because I climbed the rock out by the shore, so that I got good cell reception. So that I could speak with my someone who loves me. My desperation to find a way out of our sham of a marriage was equalled only by the pain and agony I was feeling because I was emotionally attached to a man who I'd never met. Can I go there? Dare I say I was in love with him, or was it the idea of him? Let's get this one thing straight: I'd been looking for someone to fill my heart and soul with the love you refused me. Been looking for at least 5 years, if not longer. So when this wonderful man came into my life and swept me off my feet.... Nel, he brought light back into my life. We talked. We walked. We encouraged eachother. We supported and loved eachother unashamed. And last Easter, I told him I couldn't betray the committment which I made to you. That was not exactly what I was hoping it would be. Nel, we talked that morning and I redirected my efforts in trying to get you to come around. I told my best friend in the universe... that I was and wanted to remain true to you. The fact is, that's probably the last time I felt that way and I regreted not being able to be with him every second until the first time that we met.
I'm totally bitter with you about all of that. But I need to Thank U for not doing anything else.... because if you had... I might not be with the love of my life right now.
By the way, Nel... I am going to write a book. There are so many manuals and magazines about how to get married. Checklists about 2 weeks before... 2 days before.... 2 months and so on and so forth. Josie is going to write a book about how a savvy woman can get a divorce without paying a lawyer. I'm going to smoke your ass in the mean-time, because it'll all be income I generated after we separated. So there.