Sunday, April 25, 2004

What I'm trying to say... is ... Goodbye

Dear Nelson,

I found a few sets of prose that seem to say what I'm feeling...

It seems that Life
Could be compared to a giant jigsaw puzzle
With each person like each piece
Having a place where they fit perfectly
Yet so many in there need to belong...
Grab the first place they come to
Then try to make it fit

And because of this
They are never quite in harmony
With their adjoining pieces
Thus they never get to know
The way it was truly
Meant to be

````

I'm sorry that things turned out this way...
But I don't think that we were meant to be.

`````

I don't think it was selfish
That I wanted to be with you
That I wanted to share your laughter
That I wanted to protect you from your fears
That I wanted to be a part of your Life

But I admit I had my needs
I needed understanding
I needed someone to hold
I needed someone to talk to

For you can only hold a pillow
For so long
And there's only so much you can say
To a dog

````

We must realize
That others exist for us
Primarily in our own minds
And what they are
Is what we interpret
Them to be

And in many cases
The qualities they possess
Are qualities we give to them

So when someone does not live up
To what we expect them to be
We should not only question them
But also our expectations


````

All of us are born with the need to share
our lives with someone. During the years
the fulfillment of this need can be the cause
of constant concern and occasional pain.
For it can’t be fulfilled by one person
reaching, but only when two are willing
to meet halfway

`````

Nel... why were we such a roller coaster? Why such a disaster?

````

The pain we feel
When someone leaves our life
Is in direct proportion
To the joy they bring
While a part of our life

`````

From time to time
Two paths will cross
Then merge together
To appear to be one
And as such will travel
Many miles

But so often
The fortunes of the World
Make it necessary
For them to separate
In order to reach
Their own Destinations



Always,

Josie