Friday, March 05, 2004

I believe it's Time for me to fly

Dear Nelson,

I need to talk to you. I want a divorce. We had our chance. A scad of chances. More tries than tears I've cried, and that's a lot. I'm getting on with my life, Nel. You are most assuredly getting on with your life. I can't exactly claim to be blameless, but neither can you. I loved you.

You took my 20s, but you can't have my 30s. You wounded my heart and my mind... never to trust the way I trusted you when you promised to protect me! Promises, promises. I'll trust myself, I guess. Unless you continue to make me believe that I can't make a decision that's believable, reasonable, and that floats. I'm walking out of the door of your life, Mister!

The lump in my throat will soften with time as will my heart. But I will never forget, never let it happen again, ever.

Goodbye,
Josie