Monday, July 12, 2004

Almost there....

Dear Nelson,

We chatted about financial stuff for the divorce today. You were pretty cold but what did I expect? Business all the way. I started going thru some of the medical supplies you put in my boxes to take with me. It made me remember how you took care of me after my surgery. The worst 4 months of my life, physically. And you took care of me every day and night because I could not.

You changed the dressings on my leg because I couldn't reach it. You bathed me because I couldn't get in the tub. Everyone said over and over again, how much you loved me for doing it. You were actually quite awesome, and that was probably one of the best parts of our married life, because you really did give me a break then.

I thought when I got better, we could be okay. You freaked out about my job. And then it started going downhill. I never knew to want anything more than you, until the first time I talked with Joe. You were right when you thought that I would have never been discontented to such a deep level if we hadn't chatted. And that is because it never occurred to me to leave your a$$.

Once I thought it.. it was all I could think about... being free from you and starting my own life. FOUR years of my life, Nel. Four years, I tried to leave you. While I knew I would have to get a better job... imagine how scary it was for me when EJ told me I needed a better job. Little did he know that he was suggesting that i needed a better life.

Just finished chatting with EJ's daughter. She's a real sweetie, and I'm probably more like her inside, than EJ... funny to me.

Listen... if $4547.72 is the price that will get you out of my life forever.. I'll be glad to pay you that. If you are actually going to pay me that.. then hot damn! Looks like I'm almost $10,000 ahead, doesn't it?

Always glad to be moving on,

Josie Marie